Monday, March 3, 2008

WWIII at Parker's Soccer Game

The boys playing the Wii that grandma and grandpa Willis bought them for Christmas.


I pulled up our families medical insurance claims for the last 2 months and realized that $6,675 worth of claims have been submitted to our insurance so far. I couldn't believe it! How could any family not have medical insurance? I'm so thankful that I have never had to make the decision to pick between putting food on the table or paying for insurance.

This week I had a couple of girl's night outs. On Wednesday night I played Bunco, and I won the main prize, an hour massage! Lately I have been really lucky, and I have won quite a few prizes. At this point I almost feel embarrassed because I win so often. I hope no one thinks I'm cheating. I just love meeting once a month with these girls, and talking about girl stuff. We have been playing together for over a year and I have enjoyed making friendships with women that I would have never met otherwise. Long live Bunco.

Thursday night was Enrichment night. We had a shrink show up and talk about trauma in our lives. I thought she was a little crazy herself but it was fun to mingle with all my girlfriends afterwards.
Friday morning I took all 3 kids to the dentist. Once again... no cavities. Yeah!

Saturday was Parker's last soccer game of the season. The team that we were playing against has a little boy that is very rough, (he trips and pushes kids). Since we played against this team in the past we were already aware of this little boys habits. Our coach told the ref before the game to watch out for him because we didn't want anyone getting hurt. Anyways, long story short, the little boy kept hurting the other children and nothing was being done, so in the 4th quarter our coach pulled all the children from our team off the field. The parents on the other team went nuts! Parents were yelling back and forth comments like, "I hope your happy now", "Learn how to parent", "If you want to play tough, we can play tough", and other comments thankfully I have been able to erase from my memory. Talk about drama! Remember Parker is only 4! When we got home I had a talk with Tanner about how inappropriate the parents were acting and that it was not acceptable no matter what age you are to be disrespectful to others. Thankfully Parker didn't pick up on what happened, he was just worried about getting his end of game snack.


On Saturday Tanner was part of a talent show at church. He decided to recite the Preamble to the Constitution. Before going, I jokingly said to Tanner, "If you forget the words just say Amen and run". Well, you guessed it he did forget some of the words, and he did indeed say Amen and run! I wasn't able to make it but Tait said it was pretty funny and sad at the same time. I have it on tape but since the audio is so bad I'm not going to upload it.

Overall, we had a good week. Everyone is healthy today, although that could change in a few hours. I'll write more later.

0 comments: