Sunday, November 18, 2007

Veteran's Day & Glove Story



We started the week out celebrating Veteran's Day! The kids in our neighborhood got together and had a bike parade. Everyone decorated their bikes and rode through the neighborhood. Before the kids started the parade, a cub scout had a flag raising ceremony, and all the children and their parents said the National Anthem. We had such a good time.


This week at Tanner's school they celebrated "school spirit". Each day the kids were able to dress up differently than they normally would. Tuesday was nerd day, Wednesday was mismatch day, Thursday was blue day, and Friday was crazy hair day.


My mom flew into Arizona on Thursday and has been cooking ever since. We have had at least 1 dessert everyday sometimes 2. It is nice having her here but I think that most of the time she feels overwhelmed, (welcome to my world). Since the children don't get to see her very often they go crazy and demand her attention when she is here.

O.K. here is the deal about the gloves... I feel that my home is clean. I try to vacuum, clean the toilets, change the bedding, and mop once a week. I'm constantly doing housework and because of the time that I invest in my home, I am proud of it. So on Thursday, when my mom is pulling presents out of her bags for the children, I'm standing there hoping to get a little something, but instead I get a, "Honey, will you put these gloves on the counter for me?" What am I supposed to think? I don't know what is worse, her bringing rubber gloves to my home, or last year when she brought her own bedding. Will I be like this when I get old? Love you mom.

1 comments:

Pam said...

Well all's I have to say to Kathy about the gloves is "Bravo" Kathy- we all wanted to bring our rubber gloves to Heidi's house- but just didnt have the heart to do it infront of her..I totally understand where your mom is coming from.. I didnt have the heart to tell you but the last time I stayed with you I took about three showers a day just to keep clean... sorry about the water bill..I mean good god I slept in a shower cap for goodness sake.. I just think that your clean and someone elses clean are two totally different things..
Love You ... ( P.I.A.B.) hehehehehe