Tuesday, November 27, 2007

Gobble, Gobble, Gobble

Our family had a great Thanksgiving this year. On Thanksgiving morning we went on our annual family Turkey Trot. Tait picked a bird preserve for our family walk this year. While the boys were kicking up dirt, and trying to catch birds we noticed quite a few people with binoculars around their necks and carrying thousands of dollars worth of camera stuff. I couldn't believe how seriously people take bird watching, who knew?

Originally I thought that we were going to have a small Thanksgiving. When I went to buy my turkey I had a feeling that I should buy a big one, (just in case) so I went ahead and purchased a 24 pound turkey. Thank goodness I did because we ended up having 10 family and friends for dinner, plus my boys. The weather was so nice that I decided to have dinner outside. I cooked for days, however dinner only lasted an hour or so. After dinner we watched the football game, ate pie, and relaxed.
Friday, Saturday, and yes Sunday, Tait and my dad went hunting. They had a great time. One day my brother-in-law Justin was able to go with them, and my brother Bryan went with them a couple of times.
My mom spent a lot of time with the boys. They love to have her visit! It is so cute watching Hunter will cuddle up with her. One day while she was here, Hunter was having a really hard time going down for a nap. I ended up taking him into my mom's room and when I went up a few minutes later to check on them, they were both sleeping. I love this picture.

On Saturday, Bryan called and said that him, Camille, and Jeremy were on their way over to visit. I was so excited because I didn't think that I was going to be able to see them this weekend. Anyways, I was able to talk them into leaving Jeremy with us for the night! I was so happy, however he got a little homesick. Having Jeremy over for the night was great, I always miss him so much.

Over all, we had a great Thanksgiving weekend. Gobble, gobble, gobble!

2 comments:

laurakrummenacher said...

Looks like you had a great Thanksgiving. I'm very impressed that you cooked the whole meal! I love that all I have to do is bake some rolls and a few pies. We missed you all at our family party on Saturday!

Keri said...

I am a little jealous, seeing that picture of everyone together for Thanksgiving dinner. We reallly miss being so near to family!