Sunday, July 29, 2007

Swim Lessons, Garage Sale, Birthday, Back To School Night, oh my!

This week we are preparing for school to start. Parker starts school next Monday. Where has this summer gone? Next year I plan on spending the summer in California again. The summer was a blast, and everything went so quickly. When we returned home to Arizona it was just in time for monsoon season. It has been fun this week watching the storms roll in and dropping a ton of rain on us, and boy do we need it! Tanner and Parker started swim lessons this week. Tanner thought he would be to advanced for any more swim lessons, so he was reluctant to go. His swim teacher is great and Tanner now appreciates going to class. This week he has been learning how to do the back stroke. I signed Parker up for the wrong class so he is in a beginning swim class that is way to easy for him. Parker loves being in this class though because the teacher always makes him the example and Parker always receives the most praise because he is the best swimmer out of the group, (he is also the oldest student).

Tuesday I had Activity Days with my Primary girls. We had a back to school swim party. I think the girls had a great time.

Thursday Parker and I met his new preschool teacher and speech therapist. I think they will be great, let's keep our fingers crossed. He already has homework that he needs to turn in before his first day of school! It will be a busy year, I can already tell. Bunko was Thursday night, and boy do I love to spend time with the girls.

Friday I went out to lunch with a dear friend that I met from church. I admire her so much, we had a great time visiting. That afternoon I had some other friends come visit me and spend the night. The evening that they came we went out to dinner at the Cheesecake Factory and went shopping. I had a great time!

Saturday was my birthday. I woke up and had a garage sale, not much fun there. Actually I didn't sale anything, it was only my 2 friends that sold their junk, but I think they made over $250. It was a lot of work and I will never have a garage sale of my own. Saturday afternoon Tait and I went and had a Mexican lunch. Came home and ate a no-bake-cheesecake for dessert with the kids. It seems like birthdays aren't the same as they used to be.

Life is as crazy as always and I love it. Today I'm teaching in Tanner's Sunday school class. That should be fun. Next week should calm down a little, yeah right.

Heidi

0 comments: