We started a family tradition a couple of years ago, that our family would go out to dinner the night before school starts. This year we went to Joe's Farm Grill. While we were there the kids found a great tree to climb. Before climbing, Tanner read a sign next to the tree that said, "Watch for falling scorpions". We decided to eat inside.
The boys were so excited for school to start. Both of the boys have great teachers, which I'm so thankful for. Tanner had a little difficulty switching from half-day kindergarten to all day school first grade, but he is doing fine now. Tanner is very busy at school this year, some of the things that are expected of him are; learning 30 new spelling words each week, dictation tests, poetry recitation, book reports, reading 20 books every 6 weeks, (not the easy ones) etc. To top it off, the grading scale at Tanner and Parker's school is different than the public school, 94%-100% for an A, 86-93% for a B. Times have changed since I went to school. In first grade the only thing I was worried about was what I was having for snack, and if I would get my favorite corner in the sandbox at recess.
With Parker, I'm just trying to get him to put his shoes on the right feet. He can tie his own shoes, however he still can't figure out what shoe goes on what foot. We will worry about academics later.
Ever since we moved in our home over 3 years ago, we have been having problems with our sliding glass door. We have had workers try to fix it, however we finally gave up and had french doors made for our home. It took a while to have them custom made, but it was worth the wait. It is amazing how much better the doors make the room look. Now I just need to find the time to stain them.


5 comments:
That's such a cute picture of the two boys in their school shirts! How fun that they're at the same school now. Wow, that's a lot of work Tanner has.....but I bet he'll be fine. He's so smart!! Love the new french doors! How fun.
p.s. crazy about the scorpions!!
They look fantastic!
Those doors look so good! What color are you going to stain them?
Your boys are sooooo cute. Doors look great too.
Post a Comment