Tuesday, January 15, 2008

16 staples and 3 stiches later...

So Friday morning was just like any other day until I heard a huge boom upstairs, then Tanner screaming, "Hunter's going to die"! I ran upstairs and saw Hunter sitting in the middle of Tanner and Parker's room covered with blood and dirt. I still don't know how exactly it happened, but I think that Hunter opened up the drawers to the dresser, pulled down on the top drawer and the terrarium on top of the dresser fell over. Hunter's head ended up going through the glass terrarium that held 12 frogs. I grabbed him, Tanner, and Parker and off to the E.R. we went. Hunter ended up having 16 staples, and 3 stitches on top of his head, and a cat-scan that looked fine. Oh yeah, did I mention that one of the pieces of glass cut through one of his veins? Blood was everywhere, it was like the movies. DRAMA! I'm so thankful that he didn't get cut on his face, eyes, or neck. It could have been so much worse.

Saturday morning was like Christmas for me. I participated in a fruit and vegetable co-op for the first time. I ordered $17 worth of produce not knowing what type I was going to get. So on Saturday at 7:00 in the morning I went to the designated pick-up spot and got my produce. I received apples, bananas, oranges, beans, zucchini, carrots, potatoes, lettuce, cabbage, strawberries, corn and blueberries! I was so excited. The children have never eaten so healthy.
Soccer games started this week. Parker won his first game. I will take pictures next Saturday.


0 comments: